Treatments available at KIMS Hospital
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Recording
- Coronary Angioplasty and Stent Insertion
- Healthy Heart Check
- Heart2Heart Cardiac Care Package
- Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother (QEQM) Hospital at Margate, Kent
- William Harvey Hospital (WHH) at Ashford, Kent
- St Thomas Hospital, London
Dr Grosser is an internationally trained cardiology specialist with his subspecialty being interventional cardiology/acute heart attack treatment. He also provides general cardiology services, Cardiac CT, heart failure, pacemaker and arrhythmia management.
He went to medical school in Erlangen, Germany, his home country and completed with a scientific research project in brain electro-physiology leading to multiple publications and a PhD degree (doctorate in medicine).
He then came to England and completed his junior doctor training between 1997 and early 2000 passing both parts of the prestigious membership examination for the Royal College of Physicians, London as first passes.
This was followed by cardiology speciality training in Maastricht, Holland under Prof Wellens benefiting from the world leading arrhythmia expertise in this pioneering unit.
In 2004- after successfully completing his specialty training - he returned to England working as a Cardiologist in Barnsley and Leeds - the busiest UK center for interventional cardiology - where he undertook additional sub-specialty training in interventional cardiology.
This was then followed by an international fellowship at the Petie Salpetriere Hospital in Paris, one of Frances most prestigious Hospitals. He trained under Prof Montalescot, a world-leading authority in acute coronary syndromes/heart attacks.
Returning to England he took up a substantive post at East Kent Hospitals University Foundation Trust (EKHUFT) and delivers cardiology services in Margate, Canterbury and Ashford. In 2010 he successfully undertook the first primary angioplasty in Ashford for an acute heart attack patient and helped to establish this transformational and award-winning service in East Kent. He is also the local priority group lead for cardiovascular research at EKHUFT and has been able to enroll in multiple international cardiovascular trials.
- General Medical Council UK
- Bayerische Aerztekammer, Germany
- British Cardiac Society
- British Cardiovascular Intervention Society
- European Society of Cardiology
- European Association of Percutaneous Cardiovascular Interventions
- General Cardiology
- Heart failure/breathlessness
- Interventional Cardiology/stent insertion
- Palpitations/arrhythmia management
- Cardiac CT scans/calcium scoring