Free Heart Risk Assessment
February is National Heart Month, so it’s the perfect opportunity to show your heart some love.
Throughout February we’re offering a free heart risk assessment to local residents in the Maidstone area.
73,000 people die every year in the UK from issues related to coronary heart disease (CHD). As the only private interventional cardiology facility in Kent, we want to help our local community take care of their hearts.
Our Nurses will take a look at your blood pressure, pulse rate, BMI, cholesterol and blood sugar to determine your heart health and advise you on some next steps.
“Early detection of coronary heart disease is important, to allow you to get the help and advice you need to overcome it. At KIMS Hospital, a free heart risk assessment doesn’t take long. These non-invasive tests, along with a simple pin prick blood test, provide fast results and should we identify anything abnormal we discuss both the results and the options with you and notify your GP.”
Anne Hatswell, Interventional Suite Manager, KIMS Hospital
KIMS Hospital will be supporting and collecting donations for the British Heart Foundation. At your appointment, you’ll have the opportunity to make a contribution to the incredibly important and worthwhile charity.
You can also find out how the money raised is used on the British Heart Foundation website
In the meantime, there are some easy things you can do to protect your heart and lower your risk of developing CHD.
- Eat a healthy, balanced diet that is low in fat, sodium and cholesterol and high in fibre and fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Get moving to keep your heart strong, maintain a healthy weight and lower blood pressure.
- Watch your weight. You can calculate your BMI easily and find out the ideal weight for your height.
- Stop smoking to prevent the blood vessels from thickening and to stop blood clots from forming.
- Reduce your alcohol intake and stick to the daily recommended guidelines.
- Keep an eye on your blood pressure. Eating a healthy diet, exercising regularly and taking medication where required all keep blood pressure down and heart health up.
Some warning signs to watch out for are:
- Chest pain or angina, which feels like a squeezing or pressure in your chest and sometimes your neck, shoulders, arms, back and jaw. This tends to be worse during exercise or activity.
- Heart palpitations or the feeling that your heart is beating very fast, very hard, is fluttering or is skipping a beat. You might feel this in your chest, neck or throat.
- Breathlessness is another common symptom of CHD, especially when combined with the above.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms please speak to your GP. They will be able to advise of the next steps or refer you to one of our expert Cardiologists.
The free heart risk assessment tests for risk factors only related to heart disease. This will help you to take steps to reduce your risk of having heart disease in the future. It will not diagnose any existing heart conditions. However, please see our Premium Heart Checks to find out what we can do to identify any existing conditions.
Should you have any symptoms or previous history of poor heart health the assessment would not be a suitable pathway for you. We would advise you to see your GP or one of our expert Cardiologists. Our team will also be able to help you with this so please do still call and let us help you.
Find out more
For more information about our heart risk assessments, please call 01622914619 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, fill out the form below and one of our bookings team will respond as soon as possible.