Medical Admissions Unit
The Medical Admissions Unit at KIMS Hospital provides GPs (and local hospitals) with a fast, accessible urgent consultant physician opinion and admissions service for medical
patients who are privately insured or willing to fund their hospital stay.
- Our team of consultant physicians are able to treat and care for the great majority of acute conditions, from the common to the complex, including:
- Respiratory conditions, eg pneumonia, COPD
- Abdominal conditions, eg gastroenteritis, constipation and jaundice
- Other general medical problems, eg DVT, poorly controlled diabetes, pyelonephritis, PUO, loss of mobility, falls, unexplained malaise
- Recovery and rehabilitation following a wide variety of acute illnesses
Very urgent cases
For very urgent cases and those patients requiring interventions that may not be immediately available at KIMS, these should be referred to the appropriate NHS hospital. Such conditions include:
- Acute cardiac chest pain
- Acute GI bleed
- Acute stroke
- Acute psychiatric conditions
Please note that we do not currently admit children under 18 years old.
If in any doubt, please contact the senior nurse at KIMS Hospital on +44 (0)1622 237 799.