As a BANK member of staff you have the ability to be flexible with your working hours whilst still feeling part of a growing and developing department.
As BANK Cardiac Physiologist you will be instrumental in supporting the Cardiology team during busy periods and covering holidays and sickness. Reporting directly to the Cardiac Respiratory Lead you will be responsible for coordinating inpatient and outpatient services for the cardiac interventional suite and the outpatient’s diagnostic cardiorespiratory department.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Liaising with Consultant Cardiologists in the provision of cardiac investigations
• Supporting the cardiac interventional suite with the provision of cardiac physiologists to assist in procedures such as packing, angiography, PCI and electrophysiological studies
• Rotating around the Catheter Lab and Outpatients department to undertake treadmill testing
• Developing and implementing policies and procedures/protocols within the cardiorespiratory department
• Assisting with the day-to-day revenue recapture and cost control process
• Encouraging a collaborative working approach between the catheter lab and radiology department
• Establishing a robust inpatient / outpatient diagnostic service.
The successful candidate will be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to inspire and lead others to deliver healthcare at its best.
• Be a trained Physiologist with extensive post registration experience within cardiorespiratory
• Have experience of working in a cardiac catheter lab and undertaking exercise testing, stress echocardiograms and tilt testing
• Have ECHO experience, however this is not essential
• Display excellent interpersonal skills, you will easily engage with colleagues and consultants to build effective working relationships
• Be easily able to build rapport with patients, displaying an enthusiastic and passionate attitude.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV