This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Cath Lab Nurse to work within a state of the art setting in a new and developing private hospital in the heart of Kent. Working as part of a skilled team, you will be involved in the whole patient journey throughout the service from pre-operative assessment to discharge, providing a safe and exceptional experience for patients at all times. We are looking for someone who can work flexible hours that work with both you and the hospital.
Duties will include:
• Providing care and support to patients throughout their pathway with KIMS Hospital including pre-operative assessment right through to discharge
• Scrub for a case load of patients undergoing cardiac procedures including catheterisation, pacing and ICD fitting
• Ensure the patient experience and well-being remain at the heart of the business at all times and best practices are implemented and maintained within the Cardiac Cath Lab
• Assist the cardiac technicians and radiographers as necessary in placing ECG electrodes, setting up transducers and preparing equipment ready for procedures
• Day to day duties of a cardiac nurse including taking bloods, cannulation, performing angiograms, pacing’s as well as assessing and monitoring patients
• Be a confident and experience RGN
• Have a minimum 1 year experience working within a Cardiac Catheter Lab
• Must have basic cardiac scrub and recovery skills and experience
• Be fully trained in resuscitation and have the ability to handle emergencies appropriately
• Possess the ability to scrub for more complex cardiac cases
• Postgraduate course in Cardiology such as ENB 124 coronary care nursing or ENB 254 or equivalent
• Demonstrable knowledge of current nursing and clinical developments.
If you feel this is the role for you and would like to apply, simply complete the Application Form by clicking on the button below and attaching your up to date CV.
If you would like further information regarding this role then speak to our recruitment team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01622 231780.