BANK Medical Secretary
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced medical secretary to join our growing team as a BANK member of staff, working on behalf of some of the best consultants in the country. Reporting into our Customer Services Manager you will be responsible for diary management, administrative and secretarial support and building the link between consultants, patients and the hospital.
As this is a bank contract it will be picking up shifts during sickness, holiday and busy periods.
Your responsibilities will include:
• To provide an efficient administrative and secretarial support for consultants
• To be the main point of contact for patient queries and take ownership in resolving them
• To actively see ways that consultants can develop their practice and work with the business development team to put them in place
• Responsible for coordinating patient appointments within the clinics and theatres and sending relevant correspondence
• Keeping records up to date and filing/scanning information for patient records
• Working within KIMS in relevant departments to improve the booking and patient process.
To be successful you will need to be:
• Has previously worked as a Medical Secretary, ideally within the private sector
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Computer literate with high typing speeds
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Accuracy and attention to detail at all times
• Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines