Bank Night Porter
KIMS Hospital Porters are a key influence in the service we deliver. The main role of the porter is to work flexibly across a number of Portering tasks such as transportation of patients, equipment, stores, pharmaceuticals, waste materials and specimens. In addition, the post holder may be allocated specific duties such as acting as a concierge, and also accompany patients who are being admitted or discharged, explaining room or departmental facilities, security or car park duties.
We are looking for a bank night porter who is has the capability to work flexibly across the week.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing a 5* service, welcoming patients, visitors and consultants to the hospital
• Transporting patients around the hospital, reassuring them when needed and building a rapport with the patient and their visitors
• Participating as a member of the cardiac arrest team; transporting resuscitation trolleys and other equipment in response to emergencies
• Assisting patients who are being discharged, liaising with clinical staff and being vigilant to patient’s conditions and needs
• Manning the switchboard, handling and directing calls
• Safely dealing with waste materials, pharmaceuticals and specimens in line with set policies and procedures
• Undertaking security duties within the hospital campus ensuring the hospital is secure and safe.
To be a success in the role, you will:
• Know that personality trumps experience : it’s about who you are, not what you’ve done
• Be able to easily engage with patients, demonstrating compassion, understanding and empathy
• Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure and as a team
• Have the capability to be flexible with your working hours, willing to work shifts on a rota basis
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
If you feel you meet all of the above, go ahead and apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV.
Alternatively, if you wish to speak to the Recruitment Team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.