Are you a registered nurse who is passionate about caring for children and are looking for flexible shifts to suit you? At KIMS Hospital we have an opening for a BANK Paediatric Nurse to join our growing team. Working as part of our Outpatients and day care team, we are seeking an enthusiastic paediatric nurse who is highly motivated with a desire to develop their skills.
The duties of this role will include:
• Assess, plan and undertake paediatric assessments and procedures providing exceptional patient care and sensitivity at all times
• Undertake regular outpatient/follow-up sessions referring to consultants, other specialists and/or members of the multidisciplinary team
• Undertake pre-assessment of children prior to day case admissions
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and be accountable for own actions
• Participate in the quarterly and annual quality and governance reports, working continually to improve the experience of the child and parent whilst working in line with CQC standards
• Think innovatively to create an environment that encourages, rewards and achieves individual and organisational improvement and outstanding performance.
The successful candidate will be absolutely child and parent focussed, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best. As well as this the ideal applicant will:
• Be a registered children’s nurse
• Hold a minimum of 2 years post registration clinical experience
• Have a strong knowledge of clinical governance and its application
• Be a team player, with a desire to build and promote paediatrics within the hospital whilst working with other stakeholders at all levels
• Demonstrate knowledge of current paediatric nursing and clinical development.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.