We want all of our nurses to have an active role in how KIMS Hospital delivers the highest quality of care to its patients : and this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Cancer Specialist Nurse to join our team in developing this service. In this role you will assist in the development of new cancer services as well as the day to day care for Cancer patients at a clinical level. You will be the champion of the Haematology & Oncological patient experience.
This is a fixed term contract for a minimum of 6 months, working between 25-30 hours per week.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Deliver the KIMS clinical strategy across all outpatient and in-patient areas dealing with haematology & oncology patients providing exceptional patient care in line with the KIMS Hospital vision and strategy : “to champion health care at its best.”
• With support, set up and manage specialist clinics in line with business needs
• Administer and supervise the cancer treatment medications in line with current polices and protocols
• Assist in the development of Cancer related services to enable the delivery of excellence in clinical care
• Manage entire patient journey including administration of patient notes, patient assessments, treatment and follow up referrals
• Assist in the development of clear Pathways for Cancer Care in-line with national Guidance
• Promote and initiate innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Nurse with a Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
• Possess extensive experience working within an Outpatient Cancer service at an acute hospital (NHS or independent)
• Hold a Systemic Anti-Cancer Treatment (SACT) qualification/training course, ENB 237 (Oncology) or equivalent
• Be an IV Chemotherapy giver
• Knowledge of clinical and corporate governance and its application
• Possess excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to build working partnerships at all levels.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.