Ensuring our surgeons have the right equipment available in time for their surgery is one of the reasons we have our own Decontamination Unit here on site at the hospital. You will be involved in the preparation, sterilisation, quality assurance and distribution of surgical instruments to operating theatres and other departments.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Ensure that equipment and instruments are sterilised, prepared, quality assured and distributed effectively throughout the hospital maintaining our high standards at all times
• Operate departmental machinery in a safe manner and in accordance with all documentation and instructions, COSHH, moving and handling and Health and Safety procedures
• Comply with all national and departmental Quality Assurance procedures and process control instructions
• Communicate effectively with other departments e.g. Wards, Imaging Department to ensure effective and smooth running of the services delivered
• Ensure the highest standards of infection prevention and control are carried out; this includes the safe collection and handling of potentially infected instrumentation prior to decontamination
• Use the department’s electronic tracking system to log and track instruments into, through and out of the department.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have previous experience working within a highly audited/sterile environment
• Flexible approach to work within the sterile service department
• Be a fast learner, with a basic level of education and excellent communication skills
• Ability to carry out instructions accurately and able to follow company procedures and policies
• Be absolutely patient and customer service focused with a passion for providing and outstanding service.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.