At KIMS Hospital our high standards of care don’t just fall down to our nursing staff, it is something we live and breathe in every department, catering being no exception. The team work incredibly hard to ensure that our patients and staff have the highest quality, nutritious and flavoursome food when they are at the hospital.
We are looking for an experienced Chef de Partie to join our growing team and provide a support service to the Head Chef. This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week. Our catering service operate 7 days a week and work shifts of either 7am-3pm, 12pm-8pm or 7am-7pm.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Preparing patient meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner made to order and maintaining our exceptionally high standards
• Offering a lunch bistro service to staff for which we have over 180 employed
• Catering for large numbers for events held at the hospital alongside the above which include 4-5 events for week catering for between 20-60 guests
• Participate in the management of stock, ordering and contributing ideas and suggestions for menu’s
• Guide and influence the Kitchen Porter’s ensuring that they are being utilised where needed
• Adhere to food safety and hygiene guidelines at all times.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be experienced in providing a full catering service including hot and cold selections
• Possess Food Handling Level 2 certificate
• Be confident and knowledgeable around the guidelines for food hygiene and safety
• Ideally have experience in the building and designing of menu’s
• Have excellent customer service skills with a focus on providing the best service to patients and staff.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.