We are seeking an experienced and fully qualified ACC Clinical Coder or a candidate working towards this qualification, to join our busy and growing department. You will be responsible for providing an excellent service to the KIMS Hospital consultants, by accurately translating Clinical Coding of all consultant episodes. You will take an active role in highlighting and promoting the importance of Clinical Coding across the hospital whilst working together with other departments to ensure a timely turn around.
The responsibilities for this role will include:
• Collect, abstract and code clinical information relating to all NHS and private patient admissions to the Hospital
• Set standards for the clinical coding function to meet NHS standards, the requirements for Payment by Results and other processes which rely on high quality coded clinical information
• Routinely meet with clinicians to validate coding
• Ensure that all billing information is accurate and all relevant documentation is passed to the Billing department and oversee the timely and accurate group invoicing for the relevant NHS contract within the agreed rates
• Develop collaborative partnerships and effective working relationships with colleagues in other teams/directorates to deliver a cohesive approach to the provision and use of patient information
• Gain an understanding of private patient practises to establish any similarities and congruent processes of extracting and delivering information within the Hospital.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a fully qualified ACC Coder or working towards this qualification
• Have previous Private Clinical Coding Experience
• Have excellent organisational skills with the ability to respond to multiple priorities
• Demonstrates drive for continuous improvement and maximizing performance, productivity and efficiency
• 5 A-C Grade GCSE including English and I.T.
If you feel this is the role for you and would like to apply or If you would like further information regarding this role then speak to our recruitment team by emailing email@example.com or calling 01622 231780.