Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Deputy Lead Orthopaedic Practitioner- 1378
Working alongside the Lead Orthopaedic Practitioner we are looking for a deputy to assist in the day to day running of the orthopaedic lists. You will provide clinical leadership to junior staff, deputising for the Lead Practitioner in their absence. This may include working as a Senior Anaesthetic, Scrub or Recovery Practitioner. You will champion patient experience during the peri-operative phase and ensure consistently high standards of patient care, interaction and communication at all times.
This post will include ‘Out of hours’ working and on call.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working as a senior member of the team you will ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. This may include working as an anaesthetics, scrub or recovery practitioner, or flexibly across all disciplines.
• Communicating effectively with other departments e.g. Sterile Services, Wards, and Imaging. Department to ensure effective and smooth running patient care.
• Ensuring the highest standards of infection prevention and control are carried out.
• Assessing patient care requirements, implementing care and evaluating outcomes.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Practitioner (RN or ODP) specialising in Orthopaedics.
• Be proficient in providing assistance during a wide range of surgical lists.
• Have ideally gained some previous experience as a Scrub, Recovery or Anaesthetics Practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent).
• Possess good leadership skills.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.