Our physical Therapy department is growing, and we’re looking to add to our multi-skilled team. In the role of Specialist Hand Therapist you will carry out advanced hand therapy services to patients with complex presentations, specifically post orthopaedic procedures. You will work alongside the existing team in championing healthcare at its best, delivering an exceptional service to patients at all times.
This is a part time position, working up 8 hours per week. Hours and days can be flexible.
Duties for this position will include:
• Be the lead hand therapist within the physical therapy department
• To formulate and deliver Physical Therapy treatment programmes to an advanced level, based on specialised clinical knowledge and evidence-based practice
• To include manual and electrotherapy techniques, therapeutic handling, splinting, patient education and other alternative options
• To develop postoperative protocols for orthopaedic procedures based around current evidence based practice
• Engage successfully with all medical professionals, consultants and GP’s, partnering with them to provide mutual growth and innovation opportunities
• Promote and initiate innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
The ideal candidate will:
• Possess a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy (or equivalent)
• Have extensive post-registration clinical experience in hand therapy (min.3 years)
• Have a valid and current registration with the Health Care Professions Council (or equivalent)
• Be absolutely patient focused with a desire to provide healthcare at its best, implementing ways to improve and help develop the hand therapy service
• Show evidence of continuous professional development and its application in practice.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.