Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Imaging Assistant- Ref 1362
This is an opportunity that really cannot be missed! We are seeking a caring and dynamic individual who is looking for a varied position where they can learn new skills and develop their career. This is a varied and diverse role, an opportunity that does not become available very often. The breakdown of the role is outlined below:
This is a full time position, working 37.5 hours per week, and we are looking for someone who is able to be flexible with their working patterns.
The duties of this role include:
• The Imaging Assistant should promote independence and encourage the patient to undertake all tasks within their capabilities, with their assistance.
• Ensuring patients comfort when in the ultrasound environment, including ensuring their comfort, confidentiality and dignity are preserved at all times.
• Assist the Radiologist in the preparation and after care of patient undergoing ultrasound patients.
• Assist the Lead mammographer in collecting comprehensive record of patient outcomes, including communicating results to the GP’s and referring consultants.
• Respond effectively and appropriately to complaints, promoting a culture where the service learns from complaints to improve care and minimise future complaints, in accordance with KIMS policies and procedures. Manage complaints and concerns on the spot as appropriate, escalate to appropriate modality lead.
• Assist the Radiologist in undertaking biopsy & aspiration procedures. Ensuring that the equipment is set up correctly, collecting the biopsy sample in accordance to local policy and sent the sample to pathology for testing.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working within an Imaging Department at a hospital or clinical setting as CSW/HCA
• Be a caring and compassionate individual
• Enthusiasm and a real interest in caring for people is essential
• Hold a minimum NVQ Level 2 or Equivalent.
• Can demonstrate high levels of mental resilience in order to work in a changing and often challenging environment
• Be a team player, with excellent people and communication skills
• Be willing to learn.
• have knowledge of the radiology workflow (including knowledge of RIS, PACS and compucare).