An opportunity has become available for a Lead Cardiac Nurse to join the only private Interventional Suite in Kent. By providing excellent clinical knowledge and leading on all Cardiac cases, equipment provision and training of staff, you have the opportunity to develop and enhance the service and overall success of the department.
Working closely with our Consultant Cardiologists and building these relationships you will be supporting on cases including; Diagnostic Angiography, PTCA, Inflation of the angioplasty balloon/stent and much more.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Able to Scrub for a caseload of patients undergoing Cardiac Catheterisation and Complex PCI cases plus cardiac EP and Pacing cases including CRT devices. Also, have an understanding of vascular access, pain and radiology cases
• Competent to scrub for more complex cases for example proceed to PCI, Insertion of IABP,IVUS, and pressure wire studies.
• Ability to train junior staff within your area of speciality, as well as support other members of the team.
• Be responsible for ensuring all SOP and documentation within your speciality are up to date and in accordance with Consultant preference, NICE, BCIS and other speciality groups.
• Line manage junior staff assisting in Appraisals and competencies.
• Promote and initiate innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will be patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to lead others to deliver healthcare at its best. A strong and empathetic leader who is able to gain the trust and support of their Team, lead and embrace change and engage with stakeholders at all levels. You will also:
• Be a Registered Practitioner with extensive post-registration clinical experience within a Cath Lab
• Experience of working in a busy cardiac catheter laboratory, assisting with pacing, angiogram, PCI and Electrophysiological studies
• Significant knowledge of clinical governance and its application
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
If you want to progress your career and contribute to the overall success of KIMS Hospital, apply now! On the other hand, come and see for yourself, have a tour and meet the team.
If you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.