Our EP service is growing and we are looking for an EP and Pacing Lead to support the development of this service. Working in the only private interventional suite in Kent, your role will be to lead on all EP and Pacing across the department including processes and SOPs.
A confidant and strong clinical leader, who can train and develop our Junior Cath Lab Nurses to increase the skills base of our department, through encouragement and clinical competence.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is currently in a Staff Nurse or Senior Staff Nurse role looking to embrace change, isn’t afraid of a challenge and wants to share their skills and knowledge with the wider team.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Able to Scrub for a caseload of patients undergoing EP and Device cases plus cardiac catheterisation cases including PCI. Also, have an understanding of vascular access, pain and radiology cases.
• Ability to train junior staff within your area of speciality, as well as support other members of the team.
• Training to scrub for more complex cases for example proceed to PCI, Insertion of IABP,IVUS, and pressure wire studies once training completed.
• Be responsible for ensuring all SOP and documentation within your speciality are up to date and in accordance with Consultant preference, NICE, BCIS and other speciality groups.
• Line manage junior staff assisting in Appraisals and competencies.
• Promote and initiate innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
To be successful in this role you will be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to lead others to deliver healthcare at its best. A strong and empathetic leader who is able to gain the trust and support of their Team, lead and embrace change and engage with stakeholders at all levels. You will also:
• Be a Registered Practitioner with extensive post-registration clinical experience within a Cath Lab and in EP/Pacing
• Experience of working in a busy cardiac catheter laboratory, assisting with pacing, angiogram, PCI and Electrophysiological studies
• Significant knowledge of clinical governance and its application
• Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills
If you want to progress your career and contribute to the overall success of KIMS Hospital, apply now! On the other hand, come and see for yourself, have a tour and meet the team.
If you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.