Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Lead Nurse : Imaging and Interventional Radiology - KIMS Hospital
The post holder will act as lead nurse for Interventional Radiology within the Imaging Department, overseeing interventional procedures. Responsibilities will include the development and management of junior staff and training of clinical staff. The successful candidate will have a good understanding of all specialities with the Imaging department and deliver excellent patient and visitor care.
Responsibilities will include however will not be limited to:
• Ensure the patient experience and well-being remains at the heart of the business.
• Assist the Imaging Manager/Lead Radiographer, deputise where required with day-to-day running of the department.
• To advise modality leads on the correct management and prescription of drugs and contrast medial within their areas.
• To assist the cardiologist/radiologist in the undertaking of CT coronary artery scanning, bubble cardiac Ultrasound and stress cardiac Ultrasound and MRI.
• Assist and train day unit staff at all levels in the recovery of patients post radiology procedures.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be registered with the NMC
• Extensive post-registration clinical experience (min 3-5 years within Radiology Department)
• Experience of working in busy Imaging Department assisting with Interventional Radiology procedures.
• Inspiring and successful leader.
• Proven ability to diffuse and solve challenging incidents.
• Demonstrate knowledge of current nursing and clinical developments.
• Significant knowledge of clinical governance and its application.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.