Being part of our Facilities team, this position is a great opportunity for a ‘jack of all trades’ as you will support the hospital with general maintenance and upkeep. You will ensure that all maintenance programmes, planned and reactive projects are adhered to, delivering the highest possible standards to meet the overall standards of the hospital.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Carrying out inspections of occupied and empty areas of the hospital, therefore treating patients and visitors with respect and applying excellent customer service
• Efficient preparation repair and application of decorative products, redecorating and general maintenance tasks both externally and internally
• Prepare and clean surfaces using appropriate methods ready for re-decoration, applying paint using different equipment and techniques
• Undertake general maintenance of the buildings required including drainage, light fixtures, erecting shelfing and noticeboards, repairing locks and undertaking small repairs to floor
• You will be required to carry out all necessary paperwork and administrative tasks associated with departmental management requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have experience working within facilities maintenance, preferably at a public service organisation
• Possess a City and Guilds/ BTEC in Painting and decorating or other equivalent qualifications or experience
• Hold a valid, in-date CSCS card
• Be willing to work in conjunction with other trades and sub-contractors as well as within the internal facilities team
• Good knowledge of building regulations, construction regulations and health and safety regulations.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.