As the Nuclear Medicine Lead Technician/Radiographer, you will utilise your expert knowledge in Nuclear Medicine to oversee the activities within the department, taking responsibility for ensuring an effective, safe and patient centred service. You will be responsible for the management of activities, resources and staff within the department as well as involvement in other areas of the Imaging & Diagnostics team, working together with the other Modality Leads to run an overall functional and efficient service.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
• To carry out high nuclear medicine studies in a way which meets patients’ needs within the Imaging Department of KIMS Hospital
• To be responsible for the day to day organisation of the Nuclear Medicine department, ensuring that there is the correct level of staffing resources available throughout the extended days (Monday : Saturday)
• To ensure that the service and staff develop and maintain the highest possible standards of clinical care at all times for patients
• Take responsibility for maintaining Nuclear Medicine Physics and Quality Assurance (QA) compliance, interpreting protocols and ensuring annual safety requirements are completed and that ensure that the whole department meets the expectations set out by the RPA, Environmental Agency and other regulatory/governing bodies
• To work primarily in Nuclear Medicine department but will also be expected to lead on departmental continuous improvement programmes, extending your sphere across the entire department.
To be considered for this role, you will:
• Be a qualified and registered radiographer with a minimum 5 years experience working within Nuclear Medicine
• Have demonstrable, expert knowledge of nuclear medicine and the quality assurance compliance that governs this service including the RPA, Environmental Agency and other regulatory/governing bodies
• Have knowledge of clinical and corporate governance and its application
• Possess strong clinical leadership skills with exceptional change and people management skills
• Ideally have experience in strategic business development.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.