Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Senior BMS and Training Officer
Based Maidstone, Kent
KIMS Hospital have a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic individual to join the Pathology Services team. This is a diverse role encompassing two key components, covering the technical elements as a Biomedical Scientist assisting with day to day management and training of Biomedical Scientists and Medical Lab Assistants. The successful candidate will be a registered BMS with a broad knowledge of blood sciences, have an understanding of ISO 15189 QMS and will deliver an exceptional service to both the Pathology team and the hospital.
Responsibilities will include:
• Co-ordinating the performance and development of the team, including undertaking personal development reviews and ensuring that all staff have a current personal development plan.
• Managing training schedules for all levels of staff and competencies in line with requirements for ISO 15189
• Assisting the laboratory operational manager with the provision of data and other written information relating to the service.
• Supporting the development and maintenance of good working relationships with internal customers and external agencies by representing the Department on working groups or user groups.
The ideal candidate will:
• HCPC Registration as a Biomedical Scientist or Clinical Scientist or equivalent management experience in line managing HCPC registered staff and being accountable lead in ensuring compliance with registration requirements
• Biomedical Science Degree or equivalent
• Appropriate Post Graduate qualification e.g. Masters or equivalent
• Post graduate leadership or training qualification or equivalent
• Experience of Pathology IT systems
• Demonstrable experience of performing and evaluating Risk Assessments
• Demonstrable experience of undertaking corrective and preventative actions in response to incidents
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.