Senior Staff Nurse Pre- Assessment - 1316
We want all of our nurses to have an active role in how KIMS Hospital delivers the highest quality of care to its patients : and this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Pre-Assessment Senior Staff Nurse to join our team in developing this service. In this role the successful candidate will be involved not only in the day to day running of the department, but also be involved in the review and implementation of new procedures as the service develops. So if you’re looking for a challenging role where you can play a part in implementing change but also still maintain a relationship with patients then this could be a great opportunity for you.
This is a part time position working 22.5 hours a week.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and be accountable for own actions
• Be a champion for nursing pre-operative assessment, and in conjunction with the lead pre-operative assessment sister, continue to develop a robust pre-operative assessment process.
• Ensure that pre-operative processes and communications are clear and efficient; liaising with other departments to ensure the best possible patient care
• Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and visitor needs
• Support the Pre-assessment Lead Sister and deputise for senior staff during periods of absence
• Support and act as role model for junior staff, promoting a learning environment, particularly in relation to pre-operative assessment
• Train and support others, specifically in pre-operative assessment skills and knowledge when required
• Champion for pre-operative assessment
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered general nurse
• Have experience working within a pre-assessment, ideally within surgery
• Be experienced in the management and development of staff
• Possess excellent interpersonal, communication and leadership skills
• Be absolutely patient focused, with a passion and enthusiasm for pre-operative assessment.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.