Senior Theatre Practitioner - Orthopaedics
Reporting to the Deputy Theatre Manager you will work as a senior member of the theatre team ensuring high standards of clinical care and safety of patients within the theatre unit. You will provide clinical leadership to junior staff, deputising for the Deputy Theatre Manager in their absence. This may include working as a Senior Anaesthetic, Scrub or Recovery Practitioner. You will champion patient experience during the peri-operative phase and ensure consistently high standards of patient care, interaction and communication at all times.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Working as a senior member of the team you will ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. This may include working as an anaesthetics, scrub or recovery practitioner, or flexibly across all disciplines.
• Communicating effectively with other departments e.g. Sterile Services, Wards, and Imaging. Department to ensure effective and smooth running patient care.
• Ensuring the highest standards of infection prevention and control are carried out.
• Assessing patient care requirements, implementing care and evaluating outcomes.
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Practitioner (RN or ODP) specialising in Orthopaedics.
• Be proficient in providing assistance during a wide range of surgical lists.
• Have ideally gained some previous experience as a Scrub, Recovery or Anaesthetics Practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent).
• Possess good leadership skills.
• Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies, you can do so by submitting one application form; you can just list all the job reference numbers which are of interest to you.
Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.