A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a dynamic individual to join our Pathology Services team. This role would suit someone who is looking to bridge their practical abilities into developing their operational and quality management skills in a supportive environment. Working closely with the Business Manager in Pathology there will be the opportunity to grow the laboratory and take it forward in building the commercial side of the service. The laboratory does not operate on a 24/7 basis giving the successful individual the space and time to concentrate on the role during an exciting time in the laboratories development.
As Service Delivery and Quality Manager you will be responsible for the day to day running and operational management of our on-site laboratory. This is a diverse role with three key elements, the quality assurance of the service, operational management as well as supporting the Pathology Manager with commercial awareness and development. We are therefore looking for a registered Biomedical Scientist with a broad knowledge of blood sciences and who has an understanding of ISO 15189 QMS and can deliver an exceptional Pathology service to the rest of the hospital.
The duties for this role will include however are not limited to:
• Day to day operational management of the Pathology laboratory including Microbiology
• Manage, implement and administer the quality management system (QMS) and quality agenda for the service
• Ensure quality assurance frameworks are in place for Pathology services and are adhered to, resulting in a robust data quality and governance arrangement
• Working alongside the Pathology Business Manager to establish growth opportunities for the Pathology service
• Be direct line manager for a team of approximately 5 FTE laboratory staff including performance management, appraisals etc.
• Perform a range of specialist scientific, clinical, technical activities when required.
To be considered for this role you will:
• Be a HCPC registered Biomedical Scientist
• Have experience in the management of laboratory staff
• Possess a Biomedical Science degree of equivalent
• Have a highly specialised professional knowledge and experience across a range of blood sciences
• Have extensive experience working in a Biomedical Science laboratory which included the use of Pathology IT systems
• Be able to demonstrate practical experience in managing Quality Management Systems.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email email@example.com and a member of the team will be happy to help.