Reporting to the Ward Sister your role will be to assist in the day to day running of the ward; assessing, planning and delivering care based on individual patient and visitor needs. Working in the first tertiary level Hospital in Kent you will provide care for a variety of medical and surgical patients. Our specialities include major orthopaedic surgery, neurosurgery, cardiology and cardiac care, spinal surgery, gynaecology, breast care and cancer care. You will be responsible for the delivery of excellent patient and visitor care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience, interaction and communication and the delivery of a high standard of clinical care.
Please note this is a 6 month fixed term contract role.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Promoting and initiating innovation and new ideas in methods of care delivery and effective use of resources, direct resource planning, ensuring maximum utilisation of skills and knowledge.
• Demonstrating good clinical practise at all times
• Working within a team, supervising and directing junior staff and deputising for Senior Staff as required.
• Maintaining accurate records of patient care.
• Working to develop a strong, effective team by developing the vision and strategy of “health care at its best”
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a strong and empathetic Registered Nurse (RN).
• Have demonstrable experience working as a Staff Nurse (RN) on a surgical ward.
• Be absolutely patient focussed, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best.
• Have knowledge of clinical governance and its application along with evidence of continuous professional development.
• Be an expert in building relationships with the ability to easily engage with consultants, colleagues and patients.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. If you wish to apply for multiple vacancies, you can do so by submitting one application form; you can just list all the job reference numbers which are of interest to you.
Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.