Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Staff Nurse Pre op Assessment - 1371
Reporting to the Lead Sister Pre-Operative Assessment your role will be to deliver the KIMS clinical strategy to deliver exceptional patient care in line with the KIMS vision and strategy : “to champion health care at its best.” Working in the first tertiary level Hospital in Kent you will provide care for a variety of medical and surgical patients. This role is working Monday : Friday in our pre assessment unit, working with 25 patients on average a day.
This role is 22.5 hours per week.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Demonstrate good clinical practice at all times and be accountable for own actions
• Assess, plan and deliver care, based on individual patient and visitor needs
• Develop clear communication and clear lines of responsibility accountability. Undertake regular performance reviews if required against agreed objectives when required
• Champion for pre-operative assessment
• Be a champion for nursing pre-operative assessment, and in conjunction with the lead pre-operative assessment sister, develop a robust pre-operative assessment process. Ensure that pre-operative processes and communications are clear and efficient; liaising with other departments to ensure the best possible patient care
The successful candidate will be absolutely patient focused, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best.
• Knowledge of clinical governance and its application
• Experience in mixed surgical Ward, outpatients or A&E
• Patient orientated with a focus on continuous service improvement
• Evidence of continuous professional development and its application
• Experience in venepuncture