Request an appointment using the form below, or call to speak to a member of our team.
01622 237 727 for General Enquiries
General Enquiries 01622 237 727
Theatre Practitioner- 1380
We are looking for a registered Operating Department Practitioner who will be responsible for the delivery of excellent customer care, ensuring consistently high standards of patient experience, interaction and communication and the delivery of a high standard of clinical care. Work as part of a team to ensure a high standard of clinical care and safety for patients within the theatre unit. This may include working as an anaesthetic, scrub or recovery practitioner, or flexibly across all disciplines.
This role is also open to newly qualified Nurses and ODPs or if you are an experienced staff nurse looking for a new challenge.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assess patient care requirements independently and act as a resource for other staff. Implement patient care and evaluate outcomes
• Undertake all safety checks to a high standard, documenting appropriately
• May be expected to work as an anaesthetic, scrub or recovery practitioner, or flexibly across all disciplines to suit the need of the department
• Ensure the highest standards of infection prevention and control are carried out
• Complete all documentation relating to patient care and ensure this is within the boundaries of the national and hospital guidelines for good record keeping
• Communicate effectively with other departments e.g. Sterile Services, Wards, Imaging Department to ensure effective and smooth running patient care.
• Ensure that policies and procedures are followed at all time in line with hospital and governing body legislation
• Be absolutely patient focused at all times, with a desire and proven ability to deliver healthcare at its best, ensuring patient confidentiality, comfort, dignity and privacy are maintained at all times
• Maintain responsibility for own professional development
• Understand the Clinical Governance process and actively participate in all processes
• Work collaboratively and effectively with colleagues in order to facilitate cohesive teamwork
• Provide a comprehensive hand-over at change of shift to colleagues
The ideal candidate will:
• Be a registered Practitioner (RN or ODP)
• Have post-registration clinical experience as an anaesthetic, scrub or recovery theatre practitioner in an acute hospital (NHS or independent).
• Knowledge of clinical governance and its application
• Evidence of continuous professional development and its application
• Enthusiastic and passionate about patient care.
If this sounds like the vacancy for you, please apply by completing the application form below and attaching a copy of your CV. Alternatively, if you wish to speak to a member of the Careers team before applying, please call 01622 231780 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and a member of the team will be happy to help.