Before your stay
Pre-admission health check
Before you come to KIMS for your scheduled procedure, we may invite you for a pre-admission health check. We want to ensure you are safely looked after during your stay with us.
An experienced member of our nursing team will ask you about your medical history and any current health problems, as well as information about which medication you are currently taking, and any allergies you may have.
You will be given information about any special preparations you need to make or instructions you need to follow before your procedure, as well as how long you are likely to be in hospital.
If there is anything you don’t understand, please ask – there will be plenty of time to answer any questions you may have. Simply call 01622 237 727.
What you need to do before you come in
Please check the following:
- I have received my Patient Guide in the post
- I have arranged for a responsible adult to accompany me home and to stay with me for 24 hours following my operation.
- You must contact 01622 237 500 at least 48 hours before your admission if you are unable to arrange this level of care and support.
- Regrettably, your operation may need to be postponed if you have not been able to make suitable arrangements for your safe return home.
- I have a supply of pain relief tablets at home (if advised by my doctor that it’s safe for me to use them)
- I have continued to take my regular medicines on the day of admission and at my usual time (unless NOT advised to do so by my doctor).
Private, insured patients only
I have advised my insurance company about the operation/procedure and they have authorised my visit.
Private, self-funding patients only
I have paid for my treatment in full before admission
The Pre-Admission Assessment Form must be completed before you attend. If you have any problems completing this form, or you have specific requests, please contact:
01622 237 727.
To view a copy of our terms and conditions please click here