If you are wondering what to bring with you, KIMS provides towels, bed linen, food and drink, but you may like to bring your own personal toiletries, nightclothes and slippers. Books, magazines, games and electronic devices can help pass the time.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Your insurance documents and/or means of payment
- A list of any medicines you are allergic to
- X-ray scans and any other relevant medical reports you have been given
- A dressing gown and well-fitting closed-back, flat-soled slippers
- An overnight bag including toiletries (in case you need to stay overnight)
- Spectacles, contact lens case and solutions, hearing or walking aids
- Inhalers and any prescribed or over-the-counter medicines that you take regularly. Please make sure you bring these in their original packaging labelled with your name and your repeat prescription list if available.
- If you are taking anti-depressants, blood thinning tablets (anti-coagulants), the contraceptive pill, or medicines for diabetes or Parkinson’s disease, and you have not yet had a discussion with staff about these in relation to your operation/procedure, please contact 01622 237727 immediately for advice.
- Books and magazines – you may find there is time to fill.
We recommend that you don’t bring valuable items or large amounts of cash with you; unfortunately, we can’t accept responsibility for the loss or damage to personal property of any kind, including money, phones and computer equipment, regardless of how the loss or damage may have occurred. There will be a lockable drawer in the bedside cabinet for these items.