Back pain is a very common condition, and it’s something the Physical Therapy team see on a daily basis. Pain can be localised to the mid or lower back and sometimes referred leg pain is also an issue. This is known as sciatica.
Back pain and sciatica can be responsible for pins and needles-like sensations as well as numbness in the legs.
The majority of back pain is often mechanical, meaning there’s no serious underlying issues to worry about. However, it can be a debilitating condition for those experiencing severe pain.
We offer a range of treatments to help you recover from your back pain and get you back up and running. These include:
- Manipulation and mobilisation
- Like massage, this technique targets specific pain points with pressure in order to improve mobility in restricted areas.
- Soft tissue massage
- This involves direct manipulation of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue to alleviate pain and help with the healing of soft tissue injury.
- Exercise therapy
- Your therapist will put together a plan of physical activity and exercises designed for specific conditions and tailored to your needs.
- The McKenzie method
- A popular method of spinal and extremity treatment, this method is used to assess all areas of the musculoskeletal system and draw up a recovery plan accordingly.
- Derived from ancient medicine, acupuncture involves stimulating specific sensory nerves in the muscles in order to provide relief from chronic, joint, muscle and post-operation pain.
- Education and advice
- We’ll explain every step of your treatment journey to you, including post-hospital care. Our experts will advise you on the best course of action to keep you pain free.