The hip is an incredibly stable joint, meaning that it is more prone to tightness than most. As a weight-bearing joint, arthritis can also become a problem, which can cause stiffness and pain when standing or walking.
Pain from this area is often referred to the groin, buttock and knee area, making it difficult to keep active and do the things you love.
Our Physical Therapy team have years of experience in treating hip pain and the associated symptoms, and we offer the following treatments:
- Soft tissue massage
- This involves direct manipulation of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue to alleviate pain and help with the healing of soft tissue injury.
- Exercise therapy and tailored exercise programmes
- Your therapist will put together a plan of physical activity and exercises designed for specific conditions and tailored to your needs to keep you fit and healthy.
- Derived from ancient medicine, acupuncture involves stimulating specific sensory nerves in the muscles in order to provide relief from chronic, joint, muscle and post-operation pain.
- Gym-based rehabilitation classes
- Our experts can provide you with one-to-one sessions or group classes, designed to get you moving without causing any further problems. This gives our patients the confidence to get back to doing what they love!
- Sports taping
- This involves applying sports tape to the skin to stabilise the position of muscles and bones during activity. This can help to reduce pain when exercising and aids recovery of injuries.
- Education and advice
- We’ll explain every step of your treatment journey to you, including post-hospital care. Our experts will advise you on the best course of action to keep you pain free.
Book an Appointment
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you get back up and running, don’t hesitate to contact us on 01622 237 665 or email email@example.com.
You can also fill out the form below and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.