A lot of our patients come to us with neck pain, a common problem seen by the Physical Therapy team.
Neck pain can occur very quickly (acute) or can be persistent and present for a long time (chronic). Whatever the case, it can be extremely painful and make getting on with your life harder.
Problems in the neck can also be referred into the shoulders, arms and hands, meaning pain can be very debilitating.
Luckily, the majority of neck pain is down to mechanical issues and, usually, there are no serious underlying conditions to worry about.
Occasionally, irritation of the nerve root can be a cause of arm pain, numbness and pins and needles.
We offer a range of treatments for neck pain to get you back on your feet. These include:
- Manipulation and mobilisation
- Like massage, this technique targets specific pain points with pressure in order to improve mobility in restricted areas.
- Soft tissue massage
- This involves direct manipulation of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and other connective tissue to alleviate pain and help with the healing of soft tissue injury.
- Exercise therapy
- Your therapist will put together a plan of physical activity and exercises designed for specific conditions and tailored to your needs.
- The McKenzie method
- A popular method of spinal and extremity treatment, this method is used to assess all areas of the musculoskeletal system and draw up a recovery plan accordingly.
- Derived from ancient medicine, acupuncture involves stimulating specific sensory nerves in the muscles in order to provide relief from chronic, joint, muscle and post-operation pain.
- Education and advice
- We’ll explain every step of your treatment journey to you, including post-hospital care. Our experts will advise you on the best course of action to keep you pain free.
Book an Appointment
If you’d like to learn more about how we can help you get back up and running, don’t hesitate to contact us on 01622 237 665 or email email@example.com.
You can also fill out the form below and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible.